Pages

Watercolor Peonies

Saturday, March 3, 2012


Have you ever seen/used Wild Asparagus papers from My Mind's Eye?  I no longer have any scrapbook stores near by, but when I did I always went straight for this paper line.  I just loved the prints and colors.  Playing around in my craft room last night, I came up with a design that reminded me of those papers.  I tapped my spring rain and spring moss ink pad directly onto my craft mat.  I added just a bit of water with a paint brush and mixed the two colors together on the mat.  Then I took the solid peony stamp and stamped into the the ink/water mixture.  When I stamped that onto my watercolor paper it didn't give me a crisp flower shape because of all the water.  I decided to then stamp the outline peony over the solid image in kraft ink. 
I loved the effect! 



Hope you are having a good weekend so far. 
I'll get those projects pinned for this week soon. 



Cardstock: PTI Kraft, Watercolor Paper
Stamps: PTI Pretty Peonies
Ink: PTI Kraft, Spring Rain, Spring Moss
Other: PTI Kraft Ribbon

19 comments :

  1. So pretty! Love the earthy color and the ribbon with it is just perfect. Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..beautiful card Kara. I love how soft the colors are. Thank you for including me in this weeks Friday Inspiration. It's alway an honor to be among your list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Kara! I loved the Wild Asparagus patterned paper line, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so BEAUTIFUL! Love your stamping and coloring and the colors are true favorites of mine = WONDERFUL card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara this is so beautiful! What a great result from playing with ink and colour! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Your combination of greens came out so pretty. Love the kraft outline on the greens.Gives the flowers some nice definition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!
    The colors are so stunning...
    and really have that watercolor effect...
    just love this!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is a gorgeous card, Kara. Isn't it fun when an experiment produces such a lovely image!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! I haven't watercolored in forever. You've inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very soft and pretty, Kara! I can't wait to ink up this gorgeous flower myself and will have to give the watercolor technique a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat techinique!! I love how it turned out - these look like a hand painted design! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kara, this is lovely. Your watercoloring looks stunning. SO subtle yet still vintage-y!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES I totally remember those papers and your card so reminds me of them....awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Water coloring was definitely the perfect choice for the peonies...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful jaw-dropper! Love the wash of colors and the placement of the peonies. Very very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a neat technique - it turned out beautifully. And, yes, I remember the Wild Asparagus papers - I still have some in my stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous I love the card and the colors! Beautiful coloring and stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very classic and elegant card!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |